If we take a look at Thunderbird, then we know Thunderbird is an open source program which saves every information like messages, e-mail, configuration settings & address books of the user. This is among the most used email clients which is present in the market. All emails are saved in MBOX file format. This file format is also present in email clients of Mac email which are Apple Mail & Entourage.
Every messages & email data are saved in simple directory which is present out of the user’s directory. There is not only one email client to use which is Thunderbird, there are other email applications like MS Outlook.
According to a recent survey, MS Outlook is the popular email application & saves messages and emails in the PST file format. MS Outlook is more stable than Thunderbird, plus MS Outlook is sturdy. Thunderbird on the other hand is certainly behind if we take user’s popularity into consideration & because of these certain reasons users are looking to convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST.
It is not always easy migrate MBOX to PST file format, as it requires large data & the user would find it difficult to switch from one email client to another email client. Thunderbird is an open source & free application but it does not have many functionalities which are there in MS Outlook.
Few reasons of migrating from Thunderbird to Outlook:
- There is no calendar integration
- Lack of grouping contacts
- It is a long setup to view message threads
- No support for IMAP
- Thunderbird does not have cross-program integration with applications of Microsoft
- User cannot have complete preview of all the messages. User have to open single message
Thunderbird runs on various platforms such as Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows XP, Linux, Mac OS X & Vista but as you can see the reasons which are mentioned above make users convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST.
If the user is stuck on how to convert MBOX to PST Outlook, user should look for a way which can work without the need of software. The process is manual method which is helpful to solve the problem on how to convert MBOX to PST format.
- Launch your Thunderbird
- Go to the folder you want to export
- User can select individual email messages by pressing & holding ‘Ctrl’ & select all messages by ‘Ctrl +A’
- Now, right click on chosen messages & then click on ‘Save As’ option
- Save your chosen messages to your favourable folder & click on ‘Select Folder’ which will start exporting your messages
- Now, open MS Outlook
- Right click on the ‘Outlook’ & then click on the ‘New Folder’
- Under the ‘Name’ section, enter a name for the folder & then click on ok
- Select every email which can be exported from the Thunderbird with the help of Ctrl + A
- Choose & drag every email to the pane of MS Outlook & then import every message to a new folder
- Every email can be viewed after an effective import method
Manual method can be only useful in certain situations when the number of emails are limited. This method is not suitable for large data migration as this is not an apt solution to convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST.
Why Manual process is not a complete process?
- The process is time consuming which means the user has to drag & drop every email which is a very tiring process
- Images can get broken after the conversion
- There is also a loss of data
The only way user can overcome these conversion issue only with the help of a third party application. There are many professional tools which are present to convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST.
Use SoftStella’s MBOX Pro, user would be able to convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST. This is trick like MSG to PDF files.
Click to get the software: Convert Thunderbird MBOX to PST